The Swiss Society for the Common Good (SSCG) is organising this year’s Federal celebration at the Rütli together with the Swiss National Youth Council (SNYC) and the Swiss Federation of Swiss Youth Parliaments (DSJ).
Under the hashtag #Jugendrütli – the young people’s Federal celebration on the Rütli meadow – hundreds of youths (and adults) will commemorate the 175th anniversary of the Federal Constitution and the Federal celebration. The anniversary year of the Federal Constitution gives everyone the chance to express their appreciation for our political system’s ability to help shape civic life.
From 9.30 a.m.: Musical entertainment
In Brunnen and on the boat to the Rütli – with the Robi Imlig Alphorn Trio
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Preliminary programme
From 11 a.m.: Workshops led by youth associations on current issues and other thought-provoking topics
Optional lunch served by Rütli lessee Mike McCardell’s team
12.45 p.m.: Performance by comedian and satirist Michael Elsener
1 to 2.30 p.m.: Federal celebration
- Welcome address by Nicola Forster, President of the SSCG
- Address by Federal Councillor Elisabeth Baume-Schneider
- Dialogue-based discussion: Young people speaking with the Federal Councillor
- Music: Julian von Flüe Trio
- Brunnen Music Society
- Performance by comedian and satirist Michael Elsener
- Wäggis Flag Throwing Club
- Joint singing of the Swiss national anthem, old and new lyrics
We wish you an unforgettable Federal celebration at the birthplace of the Swiss Confederation!