Since 2011, the SSCG has been organising the federal celebration together with important non-profit organisations. This year, the SSCG is organising the federal celebration together with the Federal Wrestling Association, which is celebrating its 125th anniversary. As in previous years, diplomats from all over the world accredited in Berne and Geneva will also be celebrating on the Rütli meadow. MISS HELVETIA Barbara Klossner will delight the guests with yodel singing and Schwyzerörgeli and Lisa Stoll with the alphorn. The celebration will be moderated by Maria Victoria Haas.
The Swiss Society for the Common Good (SSCG) is jointly organizing this year’s National Day celebration on the Rütli with the Swiss Wrestling Federation.
“Peaceful struggle” will be the theme of the celebrations in the speeches as well as the wrestling.
- From 9.30 am: Musical accompaniment on the boat from Brunnen to the Rütli: Robi Imlig alphorn trio
- From 11 am: Optional lunch served by Rütli lessee Mike McCardell’s team.
- Traditional Swiss wrestling demonstrations with musical interludes on the Rütli meadow
- Childcare service offered by the Uri Red Cross division in the Upper Barn
- 12.30 – 12.55 pm: Dialogue premiere: “Let’s talk”
1 – 2.30 pm: National Day celebration
- Presenter: Maria Victoria Haas
- Welcome address by Nicola Forster, President of the SSCG
- Wrestlers’ anthem and wrestling demonstration
- A discussion about wrestling with Markus Lauener, Chairman of the Swiss Wrestling Federation, and N.N., former wrestling champion
- Short address by Marco Solari, President of the Locarno Film Festival
- Short address by Nora Wilhelm, Collaboratio helvetica
- Alphornist Lisa Stoll
- Yodeler Yvonne Apiyo Brändle-Amolo
- Brunnen Music Society
- Fähndler Club Wäggis
- Joint singing of the Swiss national anthem
- We wish you an unforgettable National Day celebration in the cradle of the Confederation!
Interested parties can register here from 1 June.